TE:D Learning Programme Screenguide Workshop 2023
Watch the following video on how to install and manage ScreenGuide.
2023 ScreenGuide Workshop FAQ
1. Will my child be able to change the setting on their own?
No. The child will not be able to change any settings set by their parents using ScreenGuide.
2. Can we restrict certain applications to a particular time as opposed to blocking the apps?
Yes. Parents can use Screen Time or Restrict to Specific Apps to manage their child activities.
3. I can’t effectively control my child’s iPad with functions like Time Limit and apps restrictions.
Parents can search for YouTube tutorials (username: SingaporeMDM Device Management) on how to use certain features on ScreenGuide or seek help from school via email or phone calls to General Office. The school will get back to you within 2 to 3 working days.
4. Is ScreenGuide supported on Android phones?
ScreenGuide app is available on both iOS App Store and Google Play Store. You can also manage ScreenGuide via web browsers at https://screenguide.mosyle.com.
5. Can parents use ScreenGuide to control child’s smartphone screen time while parents are at work?
Parent can only use ScreenGuide to manage the child’s iPad enrolled by Farrer Park Primary School. Personal devices cannot be managed.
6. How do I fully restrict inappropriate content and videos/images/website searches on the device?
It is not possible to fully restrict inappropriate content on the Internet, but parents can remove access to Safari browser.
7. How do I block YouTube after school hours and online gaming websites?
Parents can choose to block the applications like YouTube using the ScreenGuide feature, Restrict to Specific Apps.
8. What can parent do to restrict child’s iPad usage if child is unwilling to part away from the iPad?
Parents can use the Time-Out feature to block iPad use. Parent can also physically remove the iPad from the child to safe keep it.
9. I would like to install other iPad apps for e.g. Trend Micro Guardian. However, the application is not found under the Mosyle catalog. How can I go about installing other apps?
Parent can choose to install iPad apps using the Apple App Store which require parent to sign in using their own Apple ID. Apps listed in the catalog are apps used by school for teaching and learning only.
10. I wanted to update some settings to my child’s iPad. However, the command is not pushing down to the iPad, what can I do?
Commands send via ScreenGuide is network dependent. There can be many factors affecting the command being pushed down to the iPad. Firstly, check your ScreenGuide app for any outstanding command. If the command is still pending after some time, you can cancel the command and resend another command to the device. Ensure you have an active Internet connection on your phone as well as the child’s iPad. If problem persist, seek help from school.
11. My child can still use the iPad during restricted hours by setting the iPad in airplane mode. What can I do to circumvent this issue?
Parent can consider using Screen Time feature which allows child to manage their allocated duration. In-order to use the iPad, Screen Time require the child’s input before the timer starts and that will prevent them from using airplane mode.
12. Can I “Select All” school provided apps to be shown together with other personal apps outside of school hours settings?
There is no “Select All” function. Parent must manually select individual apps.
13. Can I set time restriction on specific app and managed based on time usage using ScreenGuide?
No. ScreenGuide is not able to restrict app usage based on duration used. Parents can either allow the apps to be shown at a specific timing period or set a time block.
14. Will my apps arrangements in folders in the home screen layout be maintained when the iPad transitions from school and personal settings?
No. All apps arrangement will be reset whenever the iPad transitions between school to personal setting.
15. I need help in setting up the ScreenGuide. Who can I approach?
You can refer to the school website for step-by-step instructions
Or you can approach school for assistance by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We will get back to you within 2 to 3 working days.